Just wanted to let you in on a little personal project I’ve been working on. In an effort to stop second-guessing myself, back in June, I decided to make a comic with my own art. All the poking and prodding from my daughter, husband, extended family, and friends helped with that. The goal is to finish a comic by July 31st. A task that I quickly found daunting.
I’m still pushing through till the end and will post up all of the work as I go.
The basic information for Issue One can be found below. In order to create a full story, I did outline the whole thing. But, for this project, I figure it would be best to break it into parts.
Summoned Mate Checklist
- Full Story Outline
- Character Designs
- Setting Designs
- Comic Pencils
- Comic Inks
- Convention Debut!
- Define the society – what world do my characters live in?
- Introduce Gabby Tessier and Derulo.
- Goals that conflict with each other
- Needs hinted (to be filled in with backstory)
- Meeting full of angst/conflict
- No Way #1 – not feeling each other
- Adhesion – forced together
- Gabby Tessier – Witch
- Derulo – Impundulu (Vampiric bird)
- Selena Tessier – Witch
- Tate Hodges
- Cloaked Faith of the Fortune cult members
- Outside Halloween party – plantation
- Tupelo trees
- Bald Cypress tree w/moss
- Giza – darkness
Lots of planning down. Just have to put it in action. Stay tuned for updated links to each step!
How do you prepare for your comic projects?