Just wanted to let you in on a little personal project I’ve been working on. In an effort to stop second-guessing myself, back in June, I decided to make a comic with my own art. All the poking and prodding from my daughter, husband, extended family, and friends helped with that. The goal is to finish a comic by July 31st. A task that I quickly found daunting.
I’m still pushing through till the end and will post up all of the work as I go.
The basic information for Issue One can be found below. In order to create a full story, I did outline the whole thing. But, for this project, I figure it would be best to break it into parts.
Summoned Mate Checklist
- Full Story Outline
- Character Designs
- Setting Designs
- Comic Pencils
- Comic Inks
- Convention Debut!
- Define the society – what world do my characters live in?
- Introduce Gabby Tessier and Derulo.
- Goals that conflict with each other
- Needs hinted (to be filled in with backstory)
- Meeting full of angst/conflict
- No Way #1 – not feeling each other
- Adhesion – forced together
- Gabby Tessier – Witch
- Derulo – Impundulu (Vampiric bird)
- Selena Tessier – Witch
- Tate Hodges
- Cloaked Faith of the Fortune cult members
- Outside Halloween party – plantation
- Tupelo trees
- Bald Cypress tree w/moss
- Giza – darkness
Lots of planning down. Just have to put it in action. Stay tuned for updated links to each step!
How do you prepare for your comic projects?
One thought on “Summoned Mate – The Setup”